We are ...
Contact / Impressum
The Tangokombinat Headquarters
Our little studio is located in
Saarbrücken, Germany. It is mainly occupied by Detlef&Melina for seminars, private classes. The Tangokombinat Minilongas take place there and it is on occasion rented to other parties. If you are interested in using the location, please contact us.
Address: Dudweilerstrasse 77, 66111 Saarbrücken
Acting & Arts
A wonderful space with a relaxed and warm ambiance. The ideal venue for Pequeña or bigger Milongas. It's in 5 Minutes walking distance from our headquarters. See photos on their website.
Address: Dudweiler Landstrasse 7, 66123 Saarbrücken
Congress Centrum - Saal Ost
The new venue for the FCA. Located in 3 minutes walking distance from the train station, 2 minutes to the pedestrian area. It lies at the banks of the river Saar.
Address: Hafenstrasse 12, 66111 Saarbrücken
Hotels in Saarbrücken
Check out some hotel recommendations. All hotels (except Etap and the Youth Hostel) are located in the city centre, so that you can reach our venues by foot in 5-20 minutes. You don't need a car in Saarbrücken.
- Hotel Madeleine: Bio-Hotel in 5 minutes walking distance from the Tangokombinat studio. Great breakfast!
- Hotel La Résidence: 2 minutes from the train station, opposite the Congress centre.
- Mercure Hotel: 4-star hotel, 2 minutes from the train station, opposite the Congress centre.
- Hotel Stadt Hamburg: Simple but clean hotel. Located in the pedestrian area. (If you come by car, make sure to check their info, you have access via a back street)
- B&B-Hotel: Budget Hotel near the train station. 10 minutes walking distance to city centre, even less to shopping mall (Europa Galerie) and Congress Centre.
- Motel-One: Budget hotel in the heart of the city. In 12-15 minutes walking distance from the train station.
- Domicil-Leidinger: Very nice hotel with special ambiance for a fair price. In 15 minutes walking distance from the train station.
- Jugendherberge Europa: Youth hostel in 1km distance to our TK-studio, 25-30 minutes to city centre.
- Etap-Hotel: Very basic hotel. Can be reached by tram or car in 10 minutes from the train station.
How to get to Saarbrücken by train/plane
By train: Saarbrücken is connected with fast trains to all major cities in Europe. There are e.g. direct connections to Paris & Frankfurt - both take less than 2 hours.
Regular flight: Fly to Frankfurt/Main (FRA) and take the train to Saarbrücken. There is a "Regionalexpress"(RE) that goes every two hours directly from the trainstation (Regionalbahnhof) at Terminal 1 to Saarbrücken.
Ryanair: Fly to Frankfurt/Hahn with Ryanair.
Frankkfurt'Hahn is actually a tiny airport in the countryside very far from Frankfurt. Getting from there to Saarbrücken, is no problem, but there is an easy and a more complicated option:
1. BUS: Take the bus shuttle directly to Saarbrücken. Do not forget to book in advance, because this bus is tiny. Unfortunately, it only runs
a few times per day, so you might want to check out the next option via Trier:
2. BUS/TRAIN: Take a bus shuttle to Trier and from there the train to Saarbrücken. You will find the bus in front of the terminal building on the DEPARTURES side (go left out of the building). In Trier, the bus does not stop at the train station, but at a roundabout in the outskirts. You need to call a Taxi to get to the train station. (Call: +49 651 12012). There is a train to Saarbrücken every hour. This bus/train combination will surely take 2,5 hours minimum, if you are lucky to catch a bus upon arrival. It may take longer, if you have to wait for the next bus, they don't go every hour.
3. RENT-A-CAR: It is much faster (1,5 hours) and maybe even cheaper (if you travel as a couple or with a group of people) to rent a car at the airport and drive to Saarbrücken.
Flight via Paris: Fly to Paris and take the TGV/ICE to Saarbrücken. It takes only two hours and if you book early, you can get a ticket for 29€.
Flight via another airport: Luxembourg or Strassbourg may be other options to get near to Saarbrücken. Both cities are in one hour distance to Saarbrücken.